trianglify4.jpg
 
fathom_fund_logo.png
 
cristian-palmer-481520-unsplash.jpg

About the Fund

The Fathom Fund is a MEOPAR-led crowdfunding program supporting innovative research that will directly impact Canadians. Our program provides up to 75% of funding required, if campaigns raise the remaining 25%. Once campaigns are posted to the platform, your dollars help us decide which projects will get off the ground. The Fund complements MEOPAR’s portfolio of research projects.

We encourage applications for smaller projects that do not tend to receive funding through Open Calls; new researchers still building the academic experience to receive larger awards; and students with innovative ideas who can take a fully-funded proposal to their chosen supervisor. To learn more about our program and receive application guidelines, please contact Heather Desserud.  

About MEOPAR

MEOPAR funds research, trains highly-qualified personnel, develops strategic partnerships, and works to support knowledge mobilization in marine challenges and opportunities for the benefit of the Canadian economy and society. As a Network, MEOPAR’s strength lies in our connections—to researchers, partners, organizations and communities, all of whom have an interest in learning more about the risks and opportunities in the marine environment.

Projects

By supporting the Fathom Fund, you support high-quality scientific projects that strive to build a better future for our oceans and the communities who depend on them. Learn more about our current projects and crowdfunding campaigns below.